Company DetailsNautilus Insurance Group
We have specialized in providing solutions for Excess and Surplus Lines Commercial Property and Casualty insurance coverage for more than 30 years.
We have more flexible policy terms and premium rates on a non-admitted basis. Our focus is small to medium Property and Casualty risks on both an admitted and a non-admitted basis.
Our offerings are distributed through partnerships with appointed wholesale surplus lines producers. Our relationships are defined by mutual success, speed to market, customer-centric focus and an expanded appetite.
Coverage placed by Nautilus Insurance Group is provided by Nautilus Insurance Company and Great Divide Insurance Company, both W. R. Berkley Corporation members with A.M. Best (Superior) A+ XV ratings.
Nautilus Insurance Company
Nautilus Insurance Company was formed in 1985 and operates as an eligible Surplus Lines insurer in all states except Arizona, where the company is domiciled and serves policyholders as a licensed, admitted insurance carrier. NAIC #17370.
Great Divide Insurance Company
Great Divide Insurance Company is domiciled in North Dakota and licensed as an admitted insurer in 49 states and the District of Columbia. In Arizona, Great Divide operates as an eligible Surplus Lines insurer. NAIC #25224.
Excess and Surplus Market
The Excess and Surplus Lines industry provides a market for insurance covering hard-to-place, unusual and high risks not typically written by the standard markets.
Nautilus Insurance is adding to the IT team with a newly created management position. This person will manage a team of IT professionals to deliver high quality work. This person must have experience leading and managing technical personnel in two or more of the following areas; Requirements Analysis, Quality Assurance, Development, and IT Operations. They must have experience in leading teams with solid SDLC and Agile methodologies.
* Accountable for working with the Director of IT to establish high-level IT strategic plans, goals, policies and procedures. Develops plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources associated with the strategic plans and manages the completion of those plans.
* Manages mid-sized technical team (8-10 people)
* Effectively plans and coordinates training programs with direct reports and completes performance reviews in a timely manner.
* Manage assigned developers, business analysts, testers, DBAs, and other technical employee while ensuring high productivity and performance by meeting deadlines and quality parameters.
* Consults with management and customers and reviews systems project proposals to determine goals, time frames, funding limitations, functional scope, and procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources.
* Demonstrates expertise in current technologies.
* Provides management direction by applying specialized and technical knowledge in software development practices and execution for the various software development efforts and technology functions.
* Enforces adherence to software development, maintenance, change and deployment methodologies in compliance with established Nautilus SDLC rules and Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
* Identifies and assist in the improvement of IT processes, best practices and tools.
* Communicates regularly and effectively with staff and internal/external customers by providing timely updates on project status, risks and costs when appropriate and acts as a trusted advisor on software development decisions.
* Coordinates recruitment or assignment of project personnel, including contractors, and directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor's degree (B.S.) preferable in Computer Science
* 10+years of hands on experience in one of the following areas: Development, QA, Systems or Network Administration
* 5+ years of managing an IT team
* 5+ years' experience with best practice SDLC/PMLC, Agile Methodologies, SOX Compliance
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task