Summary:Provides services to patients at one of Northwest Medical Center?s Physician Practices. Nurse Practitioners will work with direction and supervision from responsible physicians. The Nurse Practitioner will function in an expanded role and may provide urgent and emergent care to patients of Northwest Urgent Care within the scope of licensure by the state of Arizona and professional training.
1. Evaluation of patient ? obtain detailed and accurate patient histories, perform physical examinations, delineate chronic and current health problems.
2. Order routine or specific procedures (laboratory studies, radiographs, and administration of medications) and interpret findings or outcomes.
3. Propose and initiate treatment programs for patients within the urgent care setting.
4. Prescribe appropriate medications to treat or relieve symptoms. Address current medications and adjust if necessary.
5. Perform routine diagnostic and therapeutic procedures such as, but not limited to, injections, immunizations, suturing and wound/burn care, incision and drainage, foreign body removal (skin or eye), managing simple conditions produced by infection or trauma, facilitating the management of more complex illnesses and injuries.
6. Instruct and counsel patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, or other areas, such as general health maintenance as pertaining to the acute condition or any co-morbidities evaluated in the urgent care setting.
7. Perform appropriate emergency measures as deemed necessary, e.g. cardiopulmonary resuscitation, administration of medication, and general stabilization of patients.
8. Maintenance of accurate, detailed, and complete medical records.
Northwest Healthcare is a multi-faceted network dedicated to providing safe, quality care at each of our locations. With two (soon to be three) hospitals, two freestanding emergency centers, five urgent care locations and a large physician practice including primary care and a variety of specialists, Northwest Healthcare offers you a wide range of settings in which to work. Common among them all is not only the commitment to providing safe patient care, but to employee satisfaction and growth. It is a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all employees?whether caring for patients directly or working in a support role. NWHC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor ? priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Associated topics: arnp, certified nurse midwife, gyn, midwife, nursing assistant cna, nurse practitioner, nurse specialist, prn, spanish, specialis