At EMC, you'll put your skills to good use as an important member of our team. You can count on gaining valuable experience while contributing to the company's success. EMC strives to hire and retain the best people by engaging, developing and rewarding employees.
* Investigates multiple-line claims of moderate complexity
* Reviews the claim notice and policy to verify coverage, deductibles, claim payee/mortgagees and confirms that the claim date falls within the coverage period
* Initiates contact with insureds and claimants to obtain information on the claim and provide information on claim process
* Takes statements from insureds/claimants/witnesses
* Documents claim files
* Sets timely, adequate reserves in compliance with the company reserving philosophy and methodology
* Resolves questions of coverage, liability and the value of claims
* Secures the necessary official reports, claim forms and documents
* Reviews bills, invoices and receipts for accuracy.
* Provides prompt, detailed responses to agents, insureds and claimants on the status of claims
* Identifies opportunities for recovery and investigates and pursues accordingly
* Negotiates, settles and/or resolves claims
* Assists in suits, mediations and arbitrations
* Communicates with other departments to submit referrals or share risk reports
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* Three years of claims adjusting experience
* Insurance designations preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Strong knowledge of the theory and practice of the claim function
* Analytical ability and sound judgment with respect to liability and coverage
* Strong knowledge of insurance contracts, medical terminology and legal aspects of court procedures
* High standards of professional conduct
* Strong knowledge of computers and claims systems
* Strong organizational and written and verbal communication skills
* Solid investigative and problem-solving abilities
* Travel required; a valid driver's license with an acceptable motor vehicle report per company standards required if traveling
Our employment practices are in accord with the laws which prohibit discrimination due to race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
All of our locations are tobacco free including in company vehicles.
Associated topics: adjuster, auto, bodily, casualty, claim, claim adjuster, claim examiner, fraud, investigation, title examiner